Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day Twenty Seven - A Thank You...

Last night's Closing Banquet was filled with thank yous to all of our professors, the Madison staff, and all of those responsible for making the Summer Institute.  I would like to echo all of those sentiments to everyone.

But I want to give a special thank you to all of the teachers here.  Too often I go to professional development and, while I gain valuable resources, I never walk away feeling like a better teacher from what I learned.  After this four weeks, I walk away with that feeling, and that is due to all of you who helped to challenge me, offer tips and advice that is successful in your class, and general encouragement overall.  Each and everyone here has contributed to making me a better educator and scholar.  I feel like my future students are not going to have one teacher who is better for having gone through this, they are going to have almost 60 teachers who will contribute to their education.

I wish you all godspeed in your travels, and enjoy the next few days of absolute boredom.  I hope that we will all stay in touch, and if there is anything I can ever do to help you, do not hesitate to ask.  If you are ever in the middle of North Carolina, let me know!

Thank you again!  You all deserve (and are getting) a standing ovation from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment